[time-nuts] Did a member of time-nuts buy this?

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Dec 7 10:55:41 EST 2014

Hi

> On Dec 7, 2014, at 10:45 AM, Magnus Danielson <magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Bob,
>
> On 12/07/2014 03:23 PM, Bob Camp wrote:
>> Hi

>>> new
>>> the

>>> The fumes will do for me!
>>>
>>> I got an HP 58503A as I need a solution, not a project.
>>>
>>> But playing with a Cs for a bit of fun/education is something quite
>>> different. But maybe I should wait until one comes up in the UK, shipping
>>> is going to be $300-$500.
>>
>> The Cs that was just bought came from the Netherlands over to the US. There *is* gear in Europe.
>
> Indeed. Every now and then I find a bunch of cesiums in the trunk of my car. Then I unload them at home and give them some basic LTC and turns out they work.
>
> Re-located two of them to places running low on working cesiums.
>
> So yes, there exist gear in Europe. :)

The real issue is:

Do you want to spend hours a day doing searches on eBay for all sorts of weird spellings and listing conventions? Do you want to search all of the various eBay sites throughout the world? When any single piece one of a kind item comes up at a good price, it will go fast. There will not be people jumping up and down saying “look at this”. They will just buy it and move on. The only time you’ll get a hint is when somebody lists a bunch of the same thing. Then who ever finds it will buy what they want / need / can afford / crave. After that they will mention it on a list somewhere.

Bob