[time-nuts] 10MHz LTE-Lite - PPS accuracy?

Keith Loiselle keith.loiselle at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 16:14:11 EST 2014

I work with Said at Jackson Labs.  I've been reading the time-nuts
discussion for a few years, but rarely chime in.  I saw this discussion and
wanted to make a couple points.

* The LTE Lite time accuracy specification corresponds with the Skytraq GPS
receiver's specs page which I have attached.  The specification is for the
output directly from the GPS receiver available on the LTE Lite Eval
Board's JP1 connector pin 12.  This specification assumes optimal antenna
placement and thermal conditions, and position hold mode. It is also an RMS
(1-sigma) measurement not a peak-to-peak measurement.

* The GPSDO-generated 1PPS on the LTE Lite Eval Board's J1 connector has a
phase offset to the GPS raw 1PPS that is shown in the PJLTS message (2nd
field).  The GPSDO functions to drive this phase offset to zero.  But at a
given time--especially shortly after power up--the offset may 100 ns or
more.

Keith

Keith