[time-nuts] Connections for FE-5680A rubidium sources

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Tue Dec 16 08:18:07 EST 2014

I suggest you go to http://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/  back a couple
of years and you will find every thing you ever want to know about  the FE
5680A. Similar to the recent Lucent activity
Bert Kehren

In a message dated 12/16/2014 7:21:02 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk writes:

On 16  December 2014 at 12:16, Bob Camp <kb8tq at n1k.org> wrote:
>  Hi
>
> One fairly important issue - the unit needs to be on a heat  sink. If you
run it without cooling of some sort, it will not run for very  many years.

> Bob

I do realize that, but how big?  Normally "the bigger the better" is
not an unreasonable rule on heatsinks,  but I have heard that cooling
these too much is bad. I have here a heatsink  about 600 x 300 x 150
mm, although I think that is a bit OTT  !!

Dave