[time-nuts] KS-24361 adjustable PLL time-constant

Ole Petter Ronningen olepr01 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 10:26:00 EST 2014

I know these has been discussed to death here, so my apologies for that.
Also, apologies if this has already been reported; i did not find it in the
archives..

It might be of interest to some that it appears that the KS-boxes has an
adjustable PLL time constant:

:SYST:LANG "PFORTH"
>pll_rep
start ptr = 0    stop_ptr = 0
max loop time = 700
ffom = 1
tfom = 1.0e-06 secs
>1000 loop_time
>pll_rep
start ptr = 0    stop_ptr = 0
max loop time = 1000
ffom = 1
tfom = 1.0e-06 secs

Looks like a teakable PLL parameter, but I don't have the measurements to
back it up. Yet.

Also, there is a command to report on the L1-status, which might make life
easier for those who try to get the boxes going separately by manipulating
the J5-port:

On REF-0
>print_l1
mode: locked, duration: 1152
locked duration: 1153, learning exceeded: 0
ready: 1, critical failure: 0
shutdown failure: 0
GPS locked once: 1
GPS found once: 1
Flywheel capable state: 0, time: 3600 sec
Other flywheel capable state: 2, time: 28800 sec
flywheel ready mode: idle
Other GPS locked once: 1
other on: 1, delayed other on: 1

Monitor
enable active: 1, ready: 1, hold actref: 1
ext_1pps_dead: 1 ext 1pps valid: 0
gps_1pps_dead: 0 gps 1pps valid: 1

HW lines
cable 1, active in: 0, ready in: 1
Ext locked in: 0, GPS Locked once in 1
ACTREF out: 1, PRI_ACT out: 1
Int power: 0, Ext power: 0
-----------------

on REF-1:
mode: locked, duration: 76342
locked duration: 76343, learning exceeded: 0
ready: 1, critical failure: 0
shutdown failure: 0
GPS locked once: 1
GPS found once: 1
Flywheel capable state: 2, time: 28800 sec
ref duration: 100
other on: 1, delayed other on: 1

Monitor
enable active: 1, ready: 1, hold actref: 0
ext_1pps_dead: 0 ext 1pps valid: 1
gps_1pps_dead: 0 gps 1pps valid: 1

HW lines
cable 1, active in: 1, ready in: 1