[time-nuts] HP 53131A - reset security code

Mod Mix modmix at t-online.de
Tue Dec 23 21:33:54 EST 2014

Hi Bob,

to enter calibration the bottom <Scale & Offset> is to be pressed during
power on.
In my case, CAL SECURE is displayed and after the next push on <Scale &
Offset> the display reads: CODE:    0.
Using left arrow it makes up to 7 zeros to appear... - quite a lot of
options to try it manually... even more pushes needed as e.g. 4 is
reached be 4-times up arrow...
Still hoping to learn the secret procedure.

I've tried several figures (among them 53131 as said in the manual or
the number printed on a paper lable sticking on the display)...
Neither Serial number nor date code is working - always: BAD CODE.

Nevertheless: thanks!
Ulli