[time-nuts] Replacement fan in SR620

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Feb 2 09:31:59 EST 2014

Volker,

On 02/02/14 01:51, Volker Esper wrote:
> Magnus,
>
> I took an EBMPabst 624. Pabst has a good reputation.

Papst is known good brand. I have seen another brand fail miserably so
this is why I am asking.

> The original fan is a Delta Electronics DFB0624 H, Dimensions are 60mm x
> 60mm x 25mm, DC24V 0.11A

Yes, and the EBM-Papst 624 matches it well. The Papst seems to have much
lower noise from the datasheet.

BTW. Both my SR620 checks out well. One of them was supposedly diagnosed
with flicker.

I still need to do the sensitivity part of the measurements, but lacking
a suitable RF generator I can't do it smoothly.

The fan in the new TIC locks itself into one position, so I had to help
it. I don't know if it is worth the trouble to open it up, clean and
lubricate.

Cheers,
Magnus