[time-nuts] BC637PCI and OCXO

d0ct0r time at patoka.org
Fri Feb 7 12:45:10 EST 2014

Great ! Super ! Thanks a LOT !

Also, Symmetricom shared the resource for the latest version of that
driver [BCPCI-V830 build 120].

http://www.symmetricom.com/bus-level-timing-sdk-and-driver-downloads/

I tried that on Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS x86_64, kernel 3.2.0-58-generic. And
its works for me.

To whom it may interested, previously I tried to use WinDriver I take
directly from Xilinx site [basically Jungo's WinDriver v11.5.0] and
Legacy version of BC635PCI driver [BCPCI-V700 build 111], and it was
working perfectly fine too. On the same 64bit Linux machine.

Regards,

V.P.

On 2014-02-07 12:07, GandalfG8 at aol.com wrote:
> Whilst sorting through my BC637PCI files earlier I realised for the
> first
> time that an ISO file I'd downloaded in 2010, described  by Symmetricom
> as
> "BC635/637 driver", is actually a full software and  documentation CD,
> presumably what was then being supplied with new  hardware.
> Ether that or I had been aware and it's something else that's slipped
> through the sieve:-)
>
> As well as the Windows SDK and more recent versions of the BC635 and
> BC637
> demo software this file also contains later versions of the legacy
> demo
> software than I'd used previously, perhaps making most, if  not all, of
> the
> earlier software obsolete, although the pre  Symmetricom manuals,
> especially
> the one with the schematics, are  certainly worth having.
>
> Now it's quite possible I'm the only one who wasn't aware of  this, but
> in
> case it's not just me, and as I can't locate the original  again to
> quote a
> URL, I've uploaded a file that contains this ISO, the  extracted files
> from
> the same, plus my original collection of earlier software  and
> documentation.
> This is quite a large file, approx 235MB, so for anyone who might only
> be
> interested in the earlier files I've also uploaded those as a smaller
> file
> of  approx 52MB.
>
> BC637PCI_Full.rar 234.5 MB
> https://mega.co.nz/#!6dgVzBQI!A8y-qffQo4X5OYViTz97ZyiFn05zaPPfxCwoGLDu0Kg
>
> BC637PCI_Reduced.rar 50.2 MB
> https://mega.co.nz/#!iUQiwK7R!wyRPeBnkS4o1iADZGp7c-ZS6hHNbNqEEb8p1KKbr-ZU
>
> Any problems with the downloads or files please let me know and, as
> always,
>  please feel free to upload elsewhere.
>
> Regards
>
> Nigel
> GM8PZR

> time at patoka.org
> writes:
>

> Hello,
>
> Does anybody seen any links to the information  how to implement
> external
> OCXO to Symmetricom PCI TFP BC635/BC637  ?
>

> --
> WBW,
>
> V.P.

WBW,