[time-nuts] BC637PCI and OCXO

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Sat Feb 8 18:28:13 EST 2014

Following my earlier post with download links for the Symmetricom  software
and documentation CD TVB was kind enough to send me this Symmetricom
link......

http://www.symmetricom.com/bus-level-timing-sdk-and-driver-downloads/

I've verified that the two Windows archives there for the BC635/637 match
what's in the CD ISO and have no reason to assume the rest won't match
either, so this might be a more straightforward link to individual  files.

I've had a BC637PCI running continuously since yesterday and can confirm
that both modules here seem to have a week 1024 rollover  problem, via the
Datum/Symmetricom demo software both are happily  reporting dates in June 1994.

I'm not sure yet whether the board takes the date from the GPS module  or
just the week number, so I'm not sure either if this is an issue with the
Datum boards or with the Trimble Ace3 GPS modules, but I do have an  earlier
comment from Trimble that they were happy the Ace3 wouldn't have a  problem
after 1999 and I don't recall seeing this anyway when I last ran a BC637  a
few years ago, nor with some more recent tests on other Ace3 modules.

I'll run up an Ace3 standalone tomorrow but was just wondering if anyone
else has seen this behaviour with the BC637?

Regards

Nigel
GM8PZR

In a message dated 07/02/2014 17:13:35 GMT Standard Time, GandalfG8 at aol.com