[time-nuts] BC637PCI 1024 week rollover

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Sun Feb 9 06:56:50 EST 2014

Oh well, full credit to Mr Trimble for getting it right, he does bake
exceedingly nice GPS modules and the Ace3 doesn't have a rollover issue  and it
does report the date correctly.

Unfortunately, as far as I can tell anyway, the BC637PCI takes the raw GPS
time data from the Ace3 and performs its own calculation which is where the
 problem seems to occur, certainly it's a 1024 week issue with the date
from  the BC637 being displayed as June 26 1994 in all versions of the
associated  demo software.
It is possible to set the date correctly but the next packet from the GPS
module promptly overwrites it again.

I still don't recall seeing this before, although with two boards  behaving
in the same fashion I'm having doubts about that, but more to the point
these boards indicate a firmware date of 2003 which implies they were  put
into the field like this, and that doesn't make much sense  either.

Any ideas anyone?, and again has anyone else seen this and/or am I missing
something glaringly obvious?

Regards

Nigel
GM8PZR