[time-nuts] Line Frequency

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Feb 10 21:36:15 EST 2014

msimon6808 at yahoo.com said:
> What you are suggesting is different from what I'm doing. Sampling is
> different from time stamping. I'm looking for events. You are looking for
> "data". You want a PC. I want a small micro (specifically the LPC1114). You
> want to overpower the problem. I want to finesse it. Nothing wrong with
> either. It just depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

What are you going to do with it after you grab a sample?  Put it in lights?

I tend to use a PC for collecting data because it has a big disk, and it's
easy to copy it to where I can process it.  If you are going to have a PC, it
might as well do some of the work on the early data grabbing/processing side
before writing it to disk.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.