[time-nuts] Fwd: Atmega?

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 13:40:27 EST 2014

Thanks I did see the post.
But now numbers of opinions are popping up on the thread and that tends to
make things confusing.
Why use the 28 pin chip? My answer is this. Anything I ever do has other
stuff associated with it. So the fact that I can easily solder to the chip
and then add all of the other stuff is attractive. An example is the
parallax SXB chip. Could be programmed in the board and that made it easy
to load and re-load software at about 30 seconds cycle time. Great to
figure out and debug software.
I like the $3.71 ebay board with the atmega chip. But then evidently that
was not the correct chip to do the gpsdo. Darn liked the cost, size, and
form.
Regards
Paul