[time-nuts] FE-5680A sweep range setting

Paul Berger phb.hfx at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 13:14:20 EST 2014

A couple further observations, to make life easier when adjusting C245
you can unplug the top card and move it aside, the CVXO will lock
without it, but you will not have the 10MHz to monitor, but you can
monitor the CVXO output instead.  On the 6 pin connector you will see a
1 near the outer long edge of the second card, the CVXO output appears
on pin 5 of this connector and on mine, it locks at 50.25505808 MHz
according to my 5335A.   I also noted that when the 5680A is well warmed
up it sweeps through a much smaller range.

It would appear that the one I had trouble getting to lock has some
secondary issue.  I can get it to lock playing with C245 but the when I
power off and back on it seems the  CVXO does not start properly
measured frequency is low and outputs a very weak signal, injecting some
capacitance by touching a metal screwdriver to the end of one capacitor
gets it going and once that happens it will lock pretty quickly.... more
investigation needed.

Paul.