[time-nuts] 5370 processor boards available

Brian Lloyd brian at lloyd.com
Thu Feb 27 10:06:31 EST 2014

The only time there is any exposure is during a write operation. When the
processor board is used to run the 5370, how often is data written and what
is the exposure interval?

I would be willing to bet that Linux already has a power-fail NMI input. I
would bet that you can find out what the worst-case PF NMI latency is and
then ensure that the PS output stays up at least that long without having
to worry about a battery or "super cap". (I bet PF latency is under 1ms.)
In that case, all you need to do is assert the PF interrupt line.

Hmm, check to see if it is already there and based on nothing more than
sagging Vcc/Vdd. I bet it is and therefore this whole discussion may be
moot.

But the idea of making the boot partition RO and the /var partition R/W
makes a whole lot of sense to me.

--
Brian Lloyd, WB6RQN/J79BPL
706 Flightline Drive