[time-nuts] frequency comparator reading question

Bill Hawkins bill at iaxs.net
Thu Feb 27 12:55:19 EST 2014

The question can't be answered without knowing what the range switch
does.
In my experience, the cycle that is divided into 360 degrees is the
period
of the input signal regardless of the range switch.

You don't say, but the usual GPSDO produces a 10 MHz signal, unless it's
for a telco application. If the phase meter goes through one cycle in a
second
there is a one cps difference between the signals. One cycle at 10 MHz
is
one part in 10E7. One cycle in a kilohertz is 1 part in 1000. 1 cycle in

100 seconds for 10 MHz is one part in 10E9

Does the time for a phase rotation vary with the range switch?

Bill Hawkins