[time-nuts] Trimble: Using RS-232 via with USB adapter

Graeme Zimmer gzimmer at wideband.net.au
Fri Jan 3 01:10:33 EST 2014

Hi folks,

This has probably been covered before, but I thought it worth knowing....

I wanted to use my new laptop with my Trimble/Nortel GSP receiver.
As my laptop doesn't have an RS-232 port, I purchased a cheap USB to
RS-232 adaptor.

After a few false starts I found that the older Tboltmon software runs
quite happily via the adaptor.

A pleasant surprise however was that the newer USB based TrimbleStudio
also runs.
The TrimbleStudio has a few nice additions over the older software.

regards ............. Zim