[time-nuts] WWV/WWVH audio simulator?

Jayson Smith jaybird at bluegrasspals.com
Sun Jan 5 10:50:33 EST 2014

Hi,

Wow, those recordings are very interesting! Late in that series, there's
one which sounds like a direct feed of WWVH for a few minutes. This
really points out what all is lost by the time the signal gets to air.
The phone services aren't much better, since everything above 4KHZ is
lost, and at least the WWV phone number (+1 303-499-7111) has some sort
of highpass filter on it or something so you don't get the full fidelity
of the broadcast, in particular, you don't hear much of the 100HZ timecode.
Jayson