[time-nuts] sand9 TCMO

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Mon Jan 6 09:05:00 EST 2014

John,

On 06/01/14 08:40, John C. Westmoreland, P.E. wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I thought this may be of interest to the group - a start-up company - Sand9
> - has developed a temperature controlled MEMS oscillator (TCMO):
>
> http://www.sand9.com/product/tcmo/ .

I see nothing very special about this MEMS compared to others I've seen.
Phase-noise measure stops at 12 kHz, which is not too hard, as the
cut-over to CMOS oscillator is below that in the step-up PLL.

MEMS might be good for certain tasks, but for closer in noise I've only
seen some progress recently, but not measured it myself. Close-in noise
seems to have been pretty bad for all MEMS so far.

Cheers,
Magnus