[time-nuts] WAAS.....

Björn bg at lysator.liu.se
Wed Jan 8 11:57:53 EST 2014

Hi Brian!

Hmmm... should I finish the thread before commenting...

The scenario has been discussed on the list before. There are publications from Zyfer (fei) on Waas timing with a fixed dish antenna. There is also a Fenton(Novatel) patent.

--

    Björn

The ultimate goal is to try and reduce the number of times when full sky view GPS antennas are victims of GPS band interference.  This is only a half-baked idea of mine (in my day-job) but wanted Time Nuts feedback to see if it has any merit at all. BTW, the system has Rb for hold-over when there are problems but the frequent system error alarms indicating hold-over events is what I/we would like to reduce. New SNMP traps could mask off the events, but being an RF guy.....I was thinking about a HW solution. :- )

-Brian, WA1ZMS/4
iPhone