[time-nuts] Z3816A Control and Cleaning

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Jan 24 00:27:12 EST 2014

> The main PCB is very dirty and has the appearance that it has been in a
> humid and dusty environment.  I am suspicious that there are some 'leakage'
> issues related to this dirt and would like to wash the board.  What would
> the group recommend for cleaning the board?

Google for >PCB cleaning dishwasher<

1/2 :), but you will get a lot of hits.

> I'm a bit concerned about the inductors and the possibility of water leading
> to problems with them.

You could look at the manufacturers data sheets and see what they say about
washing.  It is or was common practice to run PCBs through some sort of
washing step after they get out of the wave solder machine.  If parts can't
take that, there is usually a warning in the data sheet.

If you can't find the manufacturer/model, check data sheets for parts that
look similar.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.