[time-nuts] Help for general GPIB problem

John Miles john at miles.io
Fri Jan 24 05:15:59 EST 2014

Hmm, yes, it's tough to say what might have motivated that recommendation.
I have no idea what a "device template" is, or what it might mean for
ibfind() to be "difficult to port."  It's worked for many years here, with
both genuine and emulated (HP 82350-series) adapters.

The one issue I've experienced is the inability of 64-bit Windows apps to
detect the emulated NI488.2 devices provided by Agilent I/O Libraries for
the 82357 adapters.  This is why the 32-bit drivers are still linked with
gpib-32.obj rather than the newer ni4882.obj API module.

-- john, KE5FX
Miles Design LLC