[time-nuts] Morion MV89A position

Paul A. Cianciolo paulc at snet.net
Thu Jan 30 12:33:14 EST 2014

I copied this message to this thread as it may some bearing on the Thermal
Capacitance, resistance etc. discussion.
Sorry if you already saw this, if not see below.
PauLC
W1VLF

Hey All,

I recently came into a few CO clock modules made by Symmetricom, Austron,
etc.
These were Stratum 3E level clocks.

One of the modules can be seen here pictures 2,3,4
http://rescueelectronics.com/timeplot

The module ran in the position where the heatsink fins were vertical.
The heatsinks had nothing to do in this module as there no active component
connected to it

If you look closely you can see that the actual oscillator is electrically
isolated from the alum holder.
There were really no power components on the module that needed cooling.

Then I thought, could this be an example of thermal capacitance in play
here.
Three is a lot of thermal mass not directly connected to the oscillator,

What do you guys think?

BTW if anyone could help me with me pin outs for this unit I would be much
obliged

Thank you

PauLC
W1VLF