[time-nuts] EFC divider resistors

Volker Esper ailer2 at t-online.de
Fri Jan 31 14:47:03 EST 2014

Here's how to place the divider resistors. The picture is from 1992, I
didn't use SMDs then. But the results are promising at a very low price.

Isolierband = insulation tape
wärmeleit. Kern = thermoconducting core

The picture shows two examples, the left one if you need three
resistors, the right one if you need six. Use metal film types with low
tempco. Keep in mind: it's the fluctuating _difference_ between the
resistor values, that'll kill your stability. So avoid everything, that
leads to different temperatures at the resistors. In particular avoid
placing them into an airstream.

Volker