[time-nuts] HP3336B S/N Question

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Thu Jul 10 07:59:46 EDT 2014

When a "common" HP instrument is sold as part of a
system, HP would often give the instrument two badges.
One was the "common" instrument badge, and the other
was the system badge.

In your case, your HP3336B was sold as part of an
HP 3040L system. (Whatever that was).  Usually, there
are also some modifications that were essential to
making the "common" instrument work in the system.

-Chuck Harris