[time-nuts] Anyone having a problem getting Bulletin B from maia.usno.navy.mil?

Fri Jul 11 23:02:32 EDT 2014

On 2014-07-11 07:54, mike cook wrote:
> Looks like my problem is back:
>
> /usr/local/bin/wget -O /tmp/finals-all http://maia.usno.navy.mil/ser7/finals.all &2> /dev/null
>
> gets
> --2014-07-11 15:35:27--  http://maia.usno.navy.mil/ser7/finals.all
> Resolving maia.usno.navy.mil (maia.usno.navy.mil)... 199.211.133.23
> Connecting to maia.usno.navy.mil (maia.usno.navy.mil)|199.211.133.23|:80... failed: Operation timed out.
> Retrying.
>
> --2014-07-11 15:36:51--  (try: 2)  http://maia.usno.navy.mil/ser7/finals.all
> Connecting to maia.usno.navy.mil (maia.usno.navy.mil)|199.211.133.23|:80... failed: Operation timed out.
> Retrying.

Still no problems on primary maia (from outside US) but
backup toshi not available right now.

See note on http://maia.usno.navy.mil page about getusnoeop.ksh
script and README. Customize and schedule to get your products
from primary or backup servers as soon as they are posted
(after 17.10UTC).

> The finals.all data does not seem to be available from iers, but just through usno.
> I use is to create graphs of UTC-UT1 delta.
> I was looking today as I wanted to add to my graph the difference between the observed
> and predicted values since the records started.

Bulletin A is a USNO only product.
IERS EOP PC data products are produced only weekly or end one month ago.

>Unfortunately it did not occur to me to backup the source data.

I believe the above script may keep some backups.

--
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis