[time-nuts] Noise and non-linear behaviour of ferrite transformers

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Jul 20 17:09:36 EDT 2014

Hi

The “coax is an antenna” problem comes in well before you get to DC. Even with no transformer involved, the skin depth of the coax shield gives up well above 60 Hz (and likely well above 100 KHz). If you want to do full isolation over a very wide range you need some combination of shielding and balanced lines.

Bob