[time-nuts] temperature sensor

timeok at timeok.it timeok at timeok.it
Mon Jul 21 12:53:35 EDT 2014

You can find an interesting solution with the INA330. In the data sheet is
described a complete temperature PID controlled .

http://pdf.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheets/270/255641_DS.pdf

Luciano

www.timeok.it

On Mon 21/07/14 4:02 PM , Attila Kinali  wrote:Moin Bert,

 On Mon, 21 Jul 2014 09:02:12 -0400 (EDT)
 EWKehren at aol.com wrote:

 > The challenge is reliable fan start at low voltage if you want the unit
 > stay constant over an ambient change of 10 C. Members have talked about
 > processor control but I have not seen any thing that works, many of the
heat
 > pipes used in laptop do have digital speed control, some one please step
up
 > to the plate.

 How about doing it the old analog way? Feed the output of the
 PID controller to comparator together with a sawtooth signal.
 That will give you a quite nice 0-100% PWM control.
 I'm quite sure a similar solution is possible with a NE555 as well.

 Of course, you would need to adjust the PID controller parameters
 to accomodate for the new element in the control loop.

 Attila Kinali

 --
 I pity people who can't find laughter or at least some bit of amusement in
 the little doings of the day. I believe I could find something ridiculous
 To unsubscribe, go to
https://www.febo.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/time-nuts [1]
 and follow the instructions there.