[time-nuts] Noise and non-linear behaviour of ferrite transformers

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 09:56:59 EDT 2014

General Radio used to have some common values of capacitances available in
"terminator" type configuration and "passthru"/"bulkhead" type
configuration.  These were moderately useful doing some bridge-type
measurements. I remember blowing one up once, and taking it apart being
pretty impressed the capacitor was a concentric design. I haven't seen
examples of these newer than the type 874 hermaphoditic connectors.

I swear a couple decades ago I saw BNC terminator-type capacitors in the
Pasternack catalogs that filled my mailboxes, but I never saw any of these
in the flesh.

I do know that "DC blocking capacitor" series-capacitor BNC's are widely
available from Pasternack and others.

Tim N3QE

Tim N3QE