[time-nuts] OT Gel Cell question

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Sun Jul 27 15:53:06 EDT 2014

Hi Robert:

I've spent a lot of time charging batteries using different methods and on various chemistries.

When the charge is in the form of a pulse, ideally including a reverse polarity pulse, the charge is more effective.
This is also a way to sometimes, but not always, will recover a battery that otherwise will not take a charge from a DC
source.

I think this works because it takes some time for chemical reactions to work and by using a pulse you can force the
reaction to a higher level that you can't do using DC without causing problems such as boiling the electrolyte.  For
more info see Burp Charging:
http://www.prc68.com/I/BatChg.shtml#Burp

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke