[time-nuts] Is it Hz or MHz ?

wb6bnq wb6bnq at cox.net
Mon Jun 2 04:17:41 EDT 2014

Hi Kit,

The value of 5E^-11 refers to the resolution that the precision can be
relied upon after taking into account all the factors that influence
it.  It means that there is an error that can be as much as +/-5 parts
per e^-11.

At 10 MHz that is +/- 0.0005 Hertz error.  At 5 MHz that is +/-0.00025
Hertz error.  At 1 MHz it is +/-0.00005 Hertz error.  And, finally, at 1
Hertz it is +/-0.00000000005 Hertz error.

Bill....WB6BNQ