[time-nuts] FASTRAX GPS

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Mon Jun 9 13:10:16 EDT 2014

Ernie,

I'm having issues right now, I need to find my adapter cable as the one I have right now is the wrong pin spacing. I did trace the
lines on the PCB and it appears to be the same as the Resolution-T / Lassen / other Trimble pinouts...

Just FYI, I couldn't find a valid link to the 3.41 software since ublox bought them and they only have a newer version which I don't
think supports the old binary protocol, they only support NMEA (supposedly)... It probably wouldn't hurt to try them out later
though. I do not know what language the module will start out in...

I did find an older version on the archive.org website, link is below:

https://web.archive.org/web/20070227050436/http://isuite.fastrax.fi/download/gpswb/Setup331.exe

If you dig around on some newer pages there is also a link to a firmware download and the updater software that works.

The pinout for the board *should* be:

1 - Antenna Input (5v - 3V I guess)
2 - Prime Power - 3.3V
3 - TXD
4 - Reserved
5 - RXD
6 - 1PPS
7 - No Connect
8 - GND

If you hold the module so the SMA is on the LEFT (bottom side), and the pins are on the far RIGHT facing up.

GND - 8 7 - NC
PPS - 6 5 - RX
RES - 4 3 - TX
PWR - 2 1 - ANT

For verification, if you look closely you can see the trace going out from Pin-2 Y's up and down.