[time-nuts] GPS puck?

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Thu Jun 26 20:09:49 EDT 2014

Rex,

Thanks for product number clarification.

Yes, I remember that I cut off the PS-2 connector before the UPS truck even left the neighborhood. You are then left with nice 0/+5/Tx/Rx wires, which is all you need for navigation and status. For 1PPS timing, in either the serial or USB version, unscrew the case and grab pin 20 of the IC.

For simple devices like this, there are so many disadvantages to USB that I almost always pick the serial version instead.

/tvb