[time-nuts] Loran, GPS, Lightning, Timing

Brian Lloyd brian at lloyd.com
Thu Jun 26 22:50:14 EDT 2014

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 9:08 PM, DaveH <info at blackmountainforge.com> wrote:

> The tube was probably the FP-54
> http://frank.pocnet.net/sheets/141/f/FP54.pdf
> No luck on finding the article - it is not in the Handbook of Projects for
> the Amateur Scientist by C.L. Stong
> http://www.sciencemadness.org/library/books/projects_for_the_amateur_scienti
> st.pdf
> I thought it might be as I remember there was a project to detect sferics
> but this one used plain 12AU7s and 6AU6s

When I was a kid this may have been my favorite book. I did build the MRS
when I was 12. Sucker actually worked too! I was amazed. I have built
several things from this and used many of the projects with modern
electronics as projects for my students in middle school.

Brian Lloyd
Lloyd Aviation
706 Flightline Drive
Spring Branch, TX 78070