[time-nuts] Looking for an article about frequency doubler/tripler techniques

Ronny Larsson rl_gbg at bahnhof.se
Sat Jun 28 14:12:00 EDT 2014

Hi,
I have spent several hours on the internet searching for an article
about frequency multiplication techniques
(doublers/triplers). I found it and read it about a month ago on my
mobile but I didn't save the article.
Now I want to read the article again but I'm not able to find it anymore.

As I remember the article it contained an overview of different
frequency multiplication techniques with its
advantages and disadvantages. Most of the multiplier techniques in the
article I'm looking for are desbribed
in the links/material I have added at the bottom of this text.

For me the most interesting part are the sections at the end of the
article. There was a description of a frequency
multiplier based on AC/ACT logic gates och possibly HC/HCT logic gates
together with band pass filtering of the
second and/or third harmonics. Circuit diagrams were presented and there
was also a multiplier version with two
multiplier stages connected together (AC/ACT/HC/HCT + filter +
AC/ACT/HC/HCT + filter) to get a 2x3 or 3x2 frequency
multiplier. A table with information about ouput power levels and
spurious levels relative the third harmonic in different
parts of the design was also presented.

I think the article was of the type "technical article" in a free
advertising based electronic magazine (RF/Microwave, Radio
or general electronics). The article I found was in pdf format. I don't
remember who is the author of the article.

Is there anyone who with this vague description recognize the article
and can help me with a link to it on the internet or
possibly can send med a copy of it if it's not to be found on the
internet anymore.

Regards

Ronny,
Sweden

Waveform Conversion, Part 1 - Sine to Square, Part 2 - Square to Sine
http://www.wenzel.com/documents/waveform.html

HCMOS Gates Make Frequency Multipliers
http://www.wenzel.com/wp-content/uploads/hcmos.pdf

Two-Diode Odd-Order Frequency Multipliers
http://www.wenzel.com/documents/2diomult.html

Low additive noise frequency tripler
http://rfdesign.com/mag/705RFDF2.pdf

Switching Diode Frequency Doublers
http://www.wenzel.com/wp-content/uploads/diodedbl.pdf

Choosing a Frequency Multiplier’s Waveform
http://www.wenzel.com/wp-content/uploads/choose.pdf