[time-nuts] DIY FE-5680A lobotomy (disable temp compensation)

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 01:58:19 EDT 2014

>> That sounds complicated and messy but may be easier than it appears.  An appropriate container would be:
>

> It does sound messy. I don't think I'm willing to dunk one of my units.

This reminds me of the old Cray-2 super computer.  The entire machine
about a half dozen racks were flooded with Fluorinert.  This is a
coolant made by 3M.  It looks like water but is inert.  It's a
fluorocarbon.     Cray placed a 1980's vintage mainframe computer in
was was basically an aquarium full of the fluorinert and then pumped
the  fluorinert through heat exchanger that used chilled water.  Cray
place windows on the computer to show off the liquid emersion cooling
system and some places had little plastic toy fish in their tanks.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California