[time-nuts] National Standards labs worldwide - specifically Australia

Stephen Grady grady.steve at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 09:26:32 EDT 2014

David,

If you are looking for the Australian NMI (the equivalent of NPL and NIST)
then you are correct it is called the National Measurement Institute
(Australia)
www.measurement.gov.au for a list of all the NMI's that are signatories (or
associates) of the metre treaty then www.bipm.org (or more explicitly)
http://www.bipm.org/en/practical_info/useful_links/nmi.html is the place to
look.

Regarding VNA calibration, sadly the RF Microwave Project of NMI Australia
is not as active as is was years ago due to the RF Microwave industry moving
away from Australia and the need for traceable measurements in that area
decreased. I believe that the work you are referring to would have been done
by the late Dr Peter Solmo. I cannot provide direct reference although if
you want I could provide a contact in NMI Australia or one of its recent
retirees that may know.

Kind Regards,

Stephen Grady
Sydney Australia.