[time-nuts] ADEV from phase or frequency measurement

Azelio Boriani azelio.boriani at screen.it
Sat Mar 1 07:57:46 EST 2014

This is because usually a counter that has the time interval feature
behaves better in time interval mode. As already pointed out here, use
always the time interval mode to take samples for the Allan deviation.
In frequency mode the counter uses average or various tricks to smooth
readings, so better to switch to time interval mode in order to take
clean samples for the post processing.