[time-nuts] Another "atomic" clock question

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sun Mar 2 13:02:34 EST 2014

Hi

These days, you can get some *very* low cost crystals. They sell by the pound rather than by the piece. The tolerance as delivered may be 0.1% for temperature plus calibration. Aging is likely to be “who knows”. The temperature characteristic could be a third order curve. More likely it’s a straight line in one direction or the other. Cost is the driver, and not much else matters. They make millions of them a week.

Bob