[time-nuts] Finding a spare part for HP5370B

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Mar 8 14:43:03 EST 2014

> Yes indeed those plastic display covers do seem to fall out and get lost. I
> have a 5730 with the same issue. Digikey sold (or used to) the red filtered
> plastic and I have used that to fix an hp8505 that lost a window.

If you live in an area with lots of high-tech, there is probably a local shop
that specializes in plastic.  In my area, it's TAP Plastics.
  http://www.tapplastics.com/
  http://www.tapplastics.com/about/locations
I've only used them once, but they were great.

The plastic for a 5370 has a mask on the back side.  On the right, it's a
stencil to turn diffuse LEDs to text.  You could probably make the equivalent
by printing on the plastic sheets used with old overhead slide projectors.

There is a diagram on page 3-10 of the operating/programming manual.  I'll
take a picture if that will help.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.