[time-nuts] NIST time services

Mike George mgeorge at tuffmail.us
Sat Mar 22 19:00:48 EDT 2014

The PRU on the BeagleBone each include an enhanced capture module that
can be used as you describe.
It has a 32 bit timer that is latched into one of the capture
registers.  The timers are independent of
the timer used by the Linux system so I'm not sure how you would tie
them into use with NTP.  But they
do look like they would be useful for monitoring a GPSDO as Chris
described.  There are 4 capture
registers in each eCAP so they would also be useful for
monitoring/timestamping other signals.