[time-nuts] GPSDO simulation tool

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sat Mar 22 21:06:59 EDT 2014

Hi

As follow-up on the previous message, where I varied the TIC resolution,
let's vary the TIC averaging for the TIC resolution of 100 ns, which we
know has some effect. The default TIC averaging is for 100 s, so I
varied it for 1, 10, 100 and 1000 s.

Low and behold, turns out that it does have an effect.
See how the lower taus is pushed down for increasing taus.

When we look at the phase plot we see that averaging somewhat dampens
the effect of "TIC-trapping" besides that it obviously will filter noise
out.

Cheers,
Magnus