[time-nuts] Nav Receiver Sawtooth Correction?

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Sun Mar 23 23:08:43 EDT 2014

Random noise or not, wouldn't a position error in a nav receiver cause a corresponding displacement of the 1PPS pulse?

Also there's a bit more to it than just minor noise.  It's probably multipath, or perhaps even jammers passing on the freeway about a mile away.  Whatever the cause, take a look at this screen capture of "foxtrotgps" over about 40 minutes of elapsed time.  The red is the GPS movement around my house that I periodically mention.  I judge it to be about 15 ft on the diagonal.  Sometimes it is much much worse.  Likewise I would expect the 1PPS to move by that amount.

http://www.evoria.net/AE6RV/Nav/NavWander.png

Bob