[time-nuts] Airraft Ping Timing

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 21:15:57 EDT 2014

Yes, word is that they were able to determine the Doppler shift in the
plane's signal.  I'm surprised this was even recorded but it must have been
in the satellite's telemetry downlink.   Projecting radial velocity and
constraining it to be close to the earth's surface, I guess determines one
path and the direction on it.

The key they said was getting the doppler shift

I used to work in the telemetry business.  The experts (not me) would be
able to pull information that you'd never think possible from it.

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 4:06 PM, J. Forster <jfor at quikus.com> wrote:

> According to a report on FOX, INMARSAT was able to determine the Malasia
> Air followed the southern traectory from the Dopplar of the pings. They
> verified their model by tracking other planes.
>
> -John

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California