[time-nuts] GPS-18x behaving weirdly
paulswedb at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 20:54:29 EDT 2014
Not sure that I can help much.
I have been following the thread and have numbers of units of this vintage
and have used a few in projects. Those projects seemed to have funnies
after a while.
I am starting to have a bad feeling that if I look carefully I will find
some of this perhaps going on.
However if I go back into those projects at all I suspect I will shove a
ublox in and be done. One was the TrueTime GOES DC468 sat simulator.
Thanks for an idea.
On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 6:56 PM, Jim Lux <jimlux at earthlink.net> wrote:
> On 3/27/14 8:53 AM, David J Taylor wrote:
>> From: Jim Lux
>> Has anyone seen a similar behavior? I've tried the power cycling, and
>> the Garmin "reset" command. I've not done the "clear non-volatile
>> memory" which makes it forget the almanac.
>> What firmware are those units running? Is it the latest? 3.90? Maybe
>> blowing the firmware would reset the position?
> yes, running 3.90.. they're only a year old, and 3.90 came out earlier
> than that I think..
> In any case, I set one of them to the present lat lon, within a few
> seconds of arc, and it seems to have acquired, changed the fix a bit, and
> then stopped again.
> The other one is resolutely stuck. I'm thinking there's got to be some
> simple option that I'm overlooking. It's kind of frustrating, because
> there's no NMEA sentence that tells you what the acquisition/search status
> is: just which ones it is trying to track and what the status is (unlocked,
> no data for all of them).
> Otherwise, I do have a simple program for monitoring the serial port:
> I'll try that..
> time-nuts mailing list -- time-nuts at febo.com
> To unsubscribe, go to https://www.febo.com/cgi-bin/
> and follow the instructions there.
More information about the time-nuts