[time-nuts] Datum 4065A Cs Standard Info?

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Sun May 11 14:26:55 EDT 2014

I realize that this question has been asked before, but it's worth
asking again.  Has anyone come up with any technical info on any of the
4065A or any of the other 4065 Cesium standards or the 5045A Cs Module
that it contains?  I have checked the archives and searched extensively
through Google.  I have the operating manual for the 4065C, but it looks
like it was OCR'd and not edited to correct typos so some of the info is
garbled so a new copy would be welcome.

The immediate reason I'm looking for more info is that I noticed that
even when I replace the OCXO with a fixed 10 MHz, and the synthesizer
with a fixed 12.631... MHz signal, the system reports wildly varying
levels of beam current.  Nominal levels are 2500 +-500 ( I think -
that's one of the garbled parts), but I see levels from < 50 up to
4000.  But I found the beam current monitor point and the level there is
stable.  So does this indicate another circuit fault, or is it just
because the system can't control the frequencies?

Ed