[time-nuts] SSR-6Tr vs Lotus M12M

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Mon May 26 10:18:57 EDT 2014

> Does anyone have experience with the Synergy SSR-6Tr
> and the fairly recent Lotus based M12M.

Thomas,

I've also recently discovered that Furuno makes a GPS module that is M12 compatible (size, power, communication)...

The advantage of the newest model (GT-8736) is it has GPS + SBAS + GLONASS + Galileo capability...

However their older models (GT-8536 & GT-8036) are GPS + SBAS

I've been experimenting with an 8036 that I got off eBay from Skip W... I haven't done any official measurements yet, but it does
seem to find sats faster, seems a little more picky about using points for survey position, and while the commands are all the same
they appear to have omitted some of the finer bits in the returned data.

I'll send you the two PDFs I have off-list, KO4BB's website doesn't appear to be working right as I can't upload via the website or
FTP... :(