[time-nuts] Caveats on Allan Deviation with ultra stable oscillators

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Fri May 30 19:52:10 EDT 2014

Bob,

The long tube Cs standard (NIST 7) is parked in the entrance. Too noisy
to contribute much value. They have a bunch of 5071As and hydrogen
masers. They live in individually temperature stabilized compartments.
One typically is selected as the reference and then you measures
differences. With these differences they then run the ensemble program
on a pair of redundant PCs every 12 min.

Cheers,
Magnus