[time-nuts] Lucent KS-24361, HP/Symmetricom Z3809A, Z3810A, Z3811A, Z3812A GPSDO system

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Sat Nov 1 17:31:19 EDT 2014

Hi Bob:

AFAICR on the old 6-channel Motorola GPS boards there was an option for a backup battery.  Without the backup battery if
there was any power interruption the memory would erase and you needed to do a cold start.  Having the almanac and
ephemeris, even if from a year ago has the effect of greatly reducing start-up time. In this case the purpose of the
super cap is to prevent memory loss because of a power glitch not for long term power failure.
Mail_Attachment --
Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com