[time-nuts] Setting Clocks in the Mid 1800's

Larry McDavid lmcdavid at lmceng.com
Sat Nov 1 22:08:04 EDT 2014

Yes, that is one of the original 1843 dipleidoscope designs. All the
original black finish seems to have been polished away, however.

This original design used a lot of expensive brass. Later models used a
cast brass "{scroll" base and a dipleidoscope body machined from a round
brass bar; this could be used for either the British Isles or for the
India model.

Larry

On 11/1/2014 2:16 PM, Brooke Clarke wrote:
> Hi Larry:
>
> Yes, please.
> Here's my Dent Dipleidoscope:
> http://www.prc68.com/I/Dent.shtml
>
> Mail_Attachment --
> Have Fun,
>
> Brooke Clarke
> http://www.PRC68.com
> http://www.end2partygovernment.com/2012Issues.html
> http://www.prc68.com/I/DietNutrition.html
> Sanjeev Gupta wrote:
>> On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 11:23 AM, Larry McDavid <lmcdavid at lmceng.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I gave a presentation on the Dent Dipleidoscope at the Harvard
>>> conference
>>> of the North American Sundial Society in 2013. If anyone is
>>> interested, I
>>> can provide a pdf of that presentation. The presentation includes
>>> history,
>>> detailed explanation of operation and lots of pictures of the
>>> construction
>>> of the dipleidoscope.
>>
>> (specifically on-list)
>>
>> Larry, I, for one, would appreciate your presentation.

Best wishes,

Larry McDavid W6FUB
Anaheim, California  (SE of Los Angeles, near Disneyland)