[time-nuts] UPDATE: HP 5300B - HP 5308A Counter Time Base...

Dave M dgminala at mediacombb.net
Sat Nov 1 23:26:29 EDT 2014

Are yu sure that it's an OXCO?  According to the manual that I have, the
only option for the 5300B counter unit was option 001, which added a TXCO.
The manual doesn't give any data on the Option 001 oscillator, so can't
confirm that your oscillator is TXCO or OXCO.  If it's a TXCO, it won't get
very warm, of course, and there won't be any oven control circuitry.

Is there an HP part number on the oscillator module?

Cheers,
Dave M.