[time-nuts] HP5334 parport linux tool

Tom Wimmenhove tom.wimmenhove at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 21:54:03 EST 2014

I just recently got myself a HP 5334B universal counter and wanted to
communicate with it using my PC. I don't have any GPIB hardware but I found
GLExPIB (https://code.google.com/p/glexpib/source/checkout) that uses a
standard parport.
I hacked and modified the library slightly and wrote a simple interactive
command line tool to communicate with the counter.
It's a simple command line tool that has an interactive mode to send
commands and receive measurements. It also includes a wiring diagram for
the (passive) cable drawn by the author of GLExPIB.

I thought I might share this with you guys because I'm sure there are
people on this list that have the same counter. (It might work with general
GPIB equipment, but I have no way to test it).

Download link: http://www.tomwimmenhove.com/otherstuff/